Version 0.9.30 BETA (2021-10-21)
- If the source was not found, the monolith was compressing the base directory. Fixed.
- Russian language added
- Portuguese-PT language updated
- Smtp can now be tested from the Options. There is no need to save the settings
- SFTP settings can now be tested
- FTP settings can now be tested
- Deleting empty directories is now logged as Verbose
- Better logging for unexpected crashes.
Version 0.9.23 BETA (2021-10-19)
- Monolithic compression uses now VSC. This is an experimental feature at the moment and could be rolled back in the future.
- The exclusion of pure folders was not working as expected (and probably causing a crash or two). Fixed.
Version 0.9.22 BETA (2021-10-19)
- The log has a new formatting with empty lines for easy reading
- The log shows now the number of errors and the time elapsed for every task
- When mailing the log after a task is completed, the parameter %TASKNAME was not working. Fixed
- The events Suspend and Hibernate were not executing successfully if the "Prevent sleeping" options was checked. Fixed
- Mailing after a task didn't include some info about VSC being deleted. Fixed
Version 0.9.21 BETA (2021-10-15)
- Fixed a bug introduced in 0.9.20 where the user interface crashed when there where directory exclusion or inclusion filters
- Impersonation name was listed twice on the task properties
- The safe directory error is now a warning while there is no need to access this folder
- Log spacer added, better log formatting to come on the next version
Version 0.9.20 BETA (2021-10-14)
- Shadows settings are now respected on the History toolbar
- Changing languages didn't affect the status bar. Fixed.
- Consolas is now the default log font
- Stoping the error animation on the Log tab stops now the animation on tray as well and viceversa
- Fixed a bug in exclusion and inclusion masks when the directories where alike: c:\new folder\, c:\new folder and old\, for example
- Better handling of exclusion FOLDERS, example: System Volume Information will not be accessed or created at all
- The -autoclose command line option was not working. Fixed.
- A parametrized manual destination that didn't exist was not being created. Fixed
- Fixed some typos
- Files that are locked by some other application can now be selected using the user interface
- Better handling when the uninstaller is stopping and uninstalling the services
- The local settings for every user are now deleted if needed when uninstalling (if permissions allow it)
- Solved a problem where the FTP or SFTP engine was transfering files with the wrong size
Version 0.9.18 BETA (2021-10-12)
- The UI was crashing when a Shutdown or Reboot event was added. Fixed.
- FTP where sometimes showing the error "Ports must be in range [1024,65535]" when a task was imported from an old version. Fixed.
- When selected a language, you can now know which translations are "official" (done by myself, and thus I know they are complete)
- Better handling of uploads and downloads with relative initial paths (Ftp and Sftp)
- Better handling for retries when an upload or download fails for Ftp and Sftp
- Some typos fixed
- Fixed a problem when the installer created start menu icons in Asian languages
- Korean language added
- Portuguese-PT lnguage updated
Version 0.9.15 BETA (2021-10-08)
- A lot strings changed and added. Attention translators!
- Monolithic compression much faster
- If the positions files gets corrupted, the UI doesn't crashes silently now
- FTP and SFTP transfer should go faster for small files
- A bug fixed with impersonation
- The "pipe is broken" error is not logged now. This is a normal behavior when the engine exists.
- The "check CRC" method when creating archives had a problem when testing files. Fixed
- When errors were found in monolithic archive operations, those where not added to the total error count. Fixed.
- More robust function to copy file attributes and timestamps
- Italian language updated
Version 0.9.10 BETA (2021-10-06)
- A lot strings changed and added. Attention translators!
- The log file flushes now when a task ends
- When the user double-clicks on the header of the task list, the selected task is not opened
- An option to show the value of the progress bar as a text has now been added
- A new type of compression has been introduced: Global monolithic, to compress ALL sources into a monolithic archive
- Compressed files where not deleted automatically. Fixed
- Fixed the name of the ini file for colors and themes
- Some typos fixed for the english language
- Exact progress is now shown even with monolithic compression
- The compression is now MUCH faster
- Fixed the folder names in a monolithic archive in case where there are name conflicts for several folders
- Global monolitic files can now be uploaded to an FTP or SFTP site
- Italian language added
- French language added
Version 0.9.08 BETA (2021-10-01)
- Some cosmetical changes
- Some strings were not being correctly traslated by the user interface (attention translators).
Version 0.9.07 BETA (2021-09-30)
- F3 wouldn't trigger wordwrap. Fixed
- Fixed a bug when the program crashed when calculating the date of the next backup if the date combination was an illegal date
- Updated Portugal-PT translation
- More exactly next backup times are now calculated
- Some typos have been fixed
Version 0.9.06 BETA (2021-09-28)
- Both inclusion and exclusion filters can now be used at the same time
- Portuguese(PT) language added
Version 0.9.05 BETA (2021-09-27)
- The colors of the user interface can now be customized
- When a task is started, the name of the user executing the task is now logged
- Fixed a bug when logging the file name of a monolithic zip
- Fixed a bug with monolithic directories that have names that begin begin with a dot
- Absolute paths can now be included even in monolithic archives
- Some context menu items didn't translate. Fixed
- Fixed a bug while uploading files with absolute paths
- Fixed the real path of a monolithic archive when using absolute paths
- Log files can now be mailed in the body of the message and not only as attachments
- Some example of command line is now provided
Version 0.9.001 BETA (2021-09-22)
Fixed a problem when the context menu and the balloon were shown on the wrong place when the monitor's dpi > standard dpi = 96
Cobian Reflector is a file-based backup program, the successor of Cobian Backup. As a file-based backup program, it can be scheduled to copy your files or directories from a place in your computer to another. It can also copy the files to/from an ftp or sftp server or to any other computer in the network.
The program can be downloaded from HERE
A full list of the program's functionality: